1. THAI's floral float made a remarkable entry at the 111th Rose Parade in Pasadena, California, USA, under the theme "Celebrating Majestic Thailand", and won the Craftsman Award.
2. THAI's calendar was received 3 awards for the best calendar "Suriyotsasitorn" under the category of promoting the identity and culture of the country.
3. THAI's headquarters was received ISO 14001 certification by Bureau Veritas Quality International (BVQI).
4. THAI's General Administration Department was received ISO 9001 certification by Bureau Veritas Quality International (BVQI).
5. THAI has been awarded the Pacific Area Travel Association (PATA) in Public Relations Gold Award category for the "Trang Millennium Underwater Weddings".
6. THAI was voted for product development and service delivery according to the survey conducted by Inflight Research Survey (IRS). The results were published in the June 2000 issue of the Orient Aviation monthly magazine.
7. The Flight Operations Department of THAI was awarded ISO 9001 Certification from Norwegian company Det Norske Veritas (DNV)
8. THAI's white wines; Chateau de Rully 1997, Comtes C.de Ternay, Antonin Rodet were selected in the top ten best cellars in the sky awards
9. Thai was voted among top ten airlines in the Asia Pacific region under the categories Best Economy Class, Best Airline Food, Best Cabin Crew Service, and Best Frequent Flyers Program.
10. THAI's provincial Station Services Department (Chiang Mai) and G.S.E. Maintenance Services Department were awarded ISO 9002 certification from RW Tuv Institution Germany
11. THAI has been voted a winner in the Review 200, the annual survey of Asia's leading companies under the category of services and products, customer services, long-term vision, financial soundness and companies that others try to emulate. The research was conducted by the Far Eastern Economic Review magazine in associated with AT&T and Concert, and managed by AC Nielsen.
12. The Royal Orchid Plus campaign of THAI has won the Freddie Award from the Inside Flyer Magazines for four years under 6 categories; Best Customer Service, Best Award Redemption, Best Elite Level, Best Newsletter Best Website, and the Program of the year.