1. THAI received Suriyasasithorn Award for outstanding hanging calendar in the area of enhancement of the society and environment and a runner-up award for THAI's desk calendar for the same area for 2008 from the Thai National Association of Public Relations.
2. THAI won the prestigious ‘Aseanta Awards for Excllence 2008’s on Best ASEAN Conservation Effort Award for its “Keep the World Beautiful” with THAI campaign. The ‘Keep the World Beautiful’ campaign is created to portray the stunning natural beauty of the selected destinations from the airlines’network. The ASEANTA Awards for Excellence in Tourism is an annual event held by the ASEAN Tourism Association (ASEANTA) to recognize individuals and organizations with distinct supports and contributions to the tourism industry, products and services in the ASEAN region.
3. THAI received an award for Best Intercontinental Airline in the Norwegian Grand Travel Award 2008 for the fourth consecutive year. The election was done by a travel trade jury, and also a random selection of more than 400 travel agents all over Norway.
4. THAI was ranked among the Best First Class and Business Class Airlines in the world by Luxury Travel Magazine's Gold List 2008 in Australia.
5. THAI was recently voted 3rd place for Best Airline at the fifth annual Go Asia Awards for the second consecutive year. The award was presented to THAI at ITB 2008 in Berlin, Germany. The votes were conducted in cooperation with the readers of a consumer travel magazine, "Reise + Preise", as well as travel agents throughout Germany.
6. THAI was ranked third for the Top 10 International Airlines category of the Travel and Leisure magazine's 13th World's Best Awards 2008. Readers of Travel and Leisure magazine selected THAI as their third favourite international airline in addition to selecting Bangkok as the top best city in the World's Best Awards 2008.
7. THAI has won three prestigious 2008 energy awards from the Ministry of Energy's Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency in the following categories: Management for Energy Saving in a "Controlled Building," "Existing Building Energy Management" for THAI's Head Office on Vibhavadee Rangsit Road, and "New Building Energy Management" for THAI's Operations Centre, Suvarnabhumi Airport.
8. THAI has been ranked in third place for the top 10 best airlines in the world in the survey by SmartTravel Asia.Commagazine. THAI was also second in cabin service and third in the top 10 business class categories. The poll attracts a worldwide audience from countries and cities as diverse as Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, China, India, Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Middle East, UK/Europe as well as USA and North America, representing a litmus test of global travel brand perception.
9. THAI was voted Best Airline in Southeast Asia from from Global Traveler Magazine 2008 from Global Traveler, a leading Travel Magazine in North America. Global Traveler conducted its fifth annual survey of its readers from January 1 2008 to August 31, 2008, with open-ended questions for the best in 55 updated categories of business and luxury travel. A total of 31,457 readers completed questionnaires, based on a survey conducted in subscriber copies of the magazine and online through the Global Traveler website.
10. THAI received a runner up award at the Asean Energy Awards 2008 for New and Existing Buildings in Singapore.
11. THAI received an award for best facilities geared towards accommodating handicapped persons for 2008 from National Office for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (NEP).
12. THAI was ranked 2nd for its first class lounge and 4th for "Best Cabin Staff" by Skytrax Airline of the Year 2008.
13. THAI received the Mercury Awards 2008 from International Travel Catering Association (ITCA) under the category of Skill Development for Good Agricultural Practice (GAP), recognizing THAI's implementation of good agricultural practice in educational and training processes, systems, and products, which successfully enhances customer services. The Good Agricultural Practice (GAP) program was developed in 2003 as a cooperative effort by THAI's Catering Department and Kasetsart University for contract farming, which educates farmers in order to develop and produce good and safe raw materials for THAI's Catering Department.