From 30 June 2018, all international departing flights will have restrictions in place limiting inorganic powders to volumes less than 350ml per passenger in the aircraft cabin.
These powders include items such as sand, salt, talcum powder, powdered cleaning detergents and some types of make-up.
Passengers are now only allowed to carry 350ml or 350gm of inorganic powder per person through the security screening point.
Visit the Australian Government's TRAVELSECURE website for more information.
Customers booked to travel with Thai Airways International, either via a travel agent or online via thaiairways.com, are not charged any additional fees to request services such as special meals, wheelchairs or for seat allocation.
In some cases, some travel agents may impose fees for these requests and we recommend customers should check with the booking/ticketing agent for details of any fees charged and ask for clarification as necessary.
Fees may apply for changes or corrections to ticketed bookings or for some specialist services. Please call us on 1300 651 960 for information.
Drift into sweet sleep or a waking dream on THAI's new Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft, featuring the latest aircraft design technology.
How do THAI's Dreamliner flights give you a superior experience?
• Mood lighting that changes throughout the flight for a more soothing journey
• Cleaner, healthier air with advanced filtration systems
• Smoother rides with new technology that reduces turbulence and lessens motion sickness
• Calmer cabins with quieting technologies that reduce aircraft noises and vibration
• Large windows with electromagnetic shades passengers describe as 'magical' – Cabin and seat controls can automatically darken or lighten the window glass via special gel embedded within the window panes.
• More passenger ports – Each seat in every class features a USB port so passengers can enjoy their own films and music. In addition to PC power ports at every seat in business class, economy rows feature 2 PC power ports shared between every 3 seats.
• THAI's most advanced in-seat entertainment systems
Experience THAI's Boeing 787 Dreamliner from July 2014 on domestic flights to Chiang Mai and international flights to Manila.
* No flight operate on 7 August 2014
More routes will be added throughout the year, offering the dreamiest comfort and style to even more THAI passengers.