From 30 June 2018, all international departing flights will have restrictions in place limiting inorganic powders to volumes less than 350ml per passenger in the aircraft cabin.
These powders include items such as sand, salt, talcum powder, powdered cleaning detergents and some types of make-up.
Passengers are now only allowed to carry 350ml or 350gm of inorganic powder per person through the security screening point.
Visit the Australian Government's TRAVELSECURE website for more information.
Customers booked to travel with Thai Airways International, either via a travel agent or online via thaiairways.com, are not charged any additional fees to request services such as special meals, wheelchairs or for seat allocation.
In some cases, some travel agents may impose fees for these requests and we recommend customers should check with the booking/ticketing agent for details of any fees charged and ask for clarification as necessary.
Fees may apply for changes or corrections to ticketed bookings or for some specialist services. Please call us on 1300 651 960 for information.
Terms and Conditions
• Online purchasing Excess Baggage on http://www.thaiairways.com is non-refundable, non-endorsable and non-transferable.
• Online purchasing Excess Baggage is available to all passengers whose tickets have been issued for Thai Airways operated flights only.
• Online purchase Execss Baggage is available for the following routes:
• From Bangkok: All flights except flight to Los Angeles
• To Bangkok: Domestic : All Domestic flights
• International: From Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Brussels, Paris, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Munich, Oslo and Zurich
• Online purchasing Excess Baggage is not applicable for Group booking, Stand by passenger and Infant passenger.
• For Unaccompanied Minor and Child passenger, Online purchasing Excess Baggage apply same rate as normal (adult) passenger.
• Online purchasing Excess Baggage has same liability as normal excess baggage.
• Online purchasing Excess baggage is applicable only in weight concept and is in pentads basis (every 5kgs will be counted.)
• The maximum Excess Baggage 30kg per one passenger is allowed and it must be made at least 24 hours prior to local time of target flight departure
• Only Visa/MasterCard both credit and debit cards are acceptable for online payment with currency in Thai Baht, US dollar or Euro.
• One time online purchase Excess Baggage is allowed only per person and per sector in each booking. Any additional Excess Baggage over online purchased amount must be charged with the standard rate upon presentation of baggage at departure airport.
• Passenger is required to present the Ancillary Voucher at airport check-in counter on departure. The Ancillary Voucher will be available to view and print on confirmation of purchase step. System will automatically send confirmation of purchasing Excess Baggage by email, mobile to the address specified during the online purchase process.
• Thai Airways International Public Company reserves the right to change the rates, terms and conditions of the online purchasing Excess Baggage product at any time without prior notice.
How to Purchase Extra Baggage Allowance
*Extra Baggage Allowance is not available for Group, stand-by and infant passengers