For all travellers departing on THAI flights across the network during the peak December/January holiday travel season, please note the following :
1. Airports will be busy with additional passenger flows so please allow extra travel time to Airports on departure day. Check-in opens 3 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure.
2. For customers travelling with children, please allow plenty of time for check-in, Immigration and Security screening especially when travelling with infants.
3. We recommend using the online check-in facility available from 24 hours prior to the flight departure time as this will expedite Airport processing. Please note you will still need to allow adequate time for Luggage check-in, Immigration and Security screening.
4. Please be aware of the maximum permitted luggage allowance for both hand carried luggage and checked luggage. Excess luggage will be charged over and above the permitted allowances. Please visit thairways.com for details, ask your travel agent or call 1300 651 960.
We wish you a very Happy Christmas and a happy holiday wherever you may travel.
Please note the THAI offices in Australia will be closed on Sat/Sun weekends and on all Public Holidays. For urgent assistance, please contact your local Airport (please note Airport offices are open only during flight operational periods).
Thai Airways International, Australia
Thai Airways International is committed to taking part in the global effort to minimize aviation industry's impact on the environment. THAI has opted to adopt the IATA-administered carbon offset program, as it is a readily available tool that enables airlines to offer passengers the ability to compensate for their carbon emissions.
THAI is proud to introduce the Carbon Offset Program to passengers who want to offset the carbon dioxide generated from flying. We are pleased to offer you, our passengers, an opportunity to help the environment through our Carbon Offset program when you purchase tickets on THAI.
When booking flights via our THAI website, you will be able to decide whether you wish to compensate for the carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. You will be able to see the amount of CO2 emitted for that particular flight, and see the related cost for the offset. As well, you can view details on where your offset contributions are invested.
Please note that carbon emission is calculated based on a methodology developed by the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
THAI’s Carbo Offset Program is audited by Carbon Offset Approval Scheme of United Kingdom , the Independent Quality Assurance Institute of Carbon Offset, This program was approved that affecting environmental advantage. Correct calculation of Carbon Offset as well as transparent pricing including accurate marketing tools are the dominant features of program. Furthermore, THAI has been approved to utilize its quality logo as well.
Funds collected through our voluntary Carbon Offset Program will be contributed to the following project.
NongBua Farm Ratchaburi Biogas Project, Thailand - CER Carbon Credits
NongBua Farm is located in Moo 1 Ban NongBua, Bo Kra Dan sub-district, Pak Tao district, Ratchaburi province, approximately 100 km to the west of Bangkok. This biogas project involves the capture of methane (CH4) rich biogas produced during the treatment of swine barn flushing wash-waters and its combustion power generation. Suspended solids or sludge are produced by the biological conversion of organic substance (BOD or COD) in wastewater. Every wastewater treatment systems always produce the standard effluent and excess sludge. Anaerobic lagoon treatment is generally not designed for handling excessive sludge, so the sludge will be accumulated at the bottom of the ponds. Removal of these solids will be undertaken once the pond is full. The removed sludge will be dried by land spreading and then released filtrate, high nutrient water releasing from sludge.
This project issues CER credits ( Certified Emissions Reduction ) , issued under the UNFCCC CDM ( United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change Clean Development Mechanism )
Additional Benefits of the Project:
• Creating employment opportunities
• Acting as an important capacity building project, national and locally
• Minimizing carbon emission to atmosphere by maintain biogas as well as making use of waste material that otherwise give rise to a considerable hazard
References: Click here
For customers travelling to/from France, you can now check your carbon footprint from your trip by click here (Please note that the calculator is only available in French).
The carbon emission is calculated based on a methodology developed by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), click here for more details.