For all travellers departing on THAI flights across the network during the peak December/January holiday travel season, please note the following :
1. Airports will be busy with additional passenger flows so please allow extra travel time to Airports on departure day. Check-in opens 3 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure.
2. For customers travelling with children, please allow plenty of time for check-in, Immigration and Security screening especially when travelling with infants.
3. We recommend using the online check-in facility available from 24 hours prior to the flight departure time as this will expedite Airport processing. Please note you will still need to allow adequate time for Luggage check-in, Immigration and Security screening.
4. Please be aware of the maximum permitted luggage allowance for both hand carried luggage and checked luggage. Excess luggage will be charged over and above the permitted allowances. Please visit thairways.com for details, ask your travel agent or call 1300 651 960.
We wish you a very Happy Christmas and a happy holiday wherever you may travel.
Please note the THAI offices in Australia will be closed on Sat/Sun weekends and on all Public Holidays. For urgent assistance, please contact your local Airport (please note Airport offices are open only during flight operational periods).
Thai Airways International, Australia
This service will allow passengers to check-in and collect their pet at the passenger terminals of their flight’s departure and arrival airports. The pet will be loaded in an aircraft hold just beneath the passenger cabin where it will be safe and in a temperature controlled environment. Flight to/from USA the maximum weight/dimension of pet including the container is 32kgs and dimensions 54 inches length, 27 inches height, 33 inches wide. Charges: Please contact local offices.
Because of their anatomical abnormalities, snub-nosed and other dog breeds are more vulnerable to changes in air quality and temperature.
Snub-nosed and other dog breeds, so-called Brach cephalic breeds, are suffered respiratory problems under normal circumstances, not just during air travel as their respiratory conditions worsen when flying at high altitudes in cargo holds.
They are more likely to die on airplanes or at sorting area where temperatures can be very hot or too cold.
For the safety of this special kind of pet, effective from 01 October 2016 onwards TG will ban the following 25 dog breeds from acceptance as either checked baggage cargo (For cargo acceptance, please contact directly to Cargo Department )
1. American Bulldog / Bully
2. American Staffordshire Terrier
3. American Pit Bull Terrier
4. Boston Terrier
6. Brussels Griffon
8. Chinese Pug
9. Chow Chow
10. Dutch Pug
11. English Bulldog
12. English Toy Spaniel
13. French Bulldog
14. Lhasa Apso
15. Japanese Boxer
16. Japanese Pug
17. Japanese Spaniel (Chin)
18. Mastiff (All Breeds)
20. Pit Bull
22. Shar Pei
23. Shih Tzu
24. Staffordshire Bull Terrier
25. Tibetan Spaniel
THAI can accept guide dogs for the blind and assistance dogs for the deaf in the cabin to some destinations. Passengers must ensure that all animal quarantine regulations and documentations for the entry/transit are provided. This service will be carried without charge. Please contact THAI local office at least 48 hours in advance of flight departure. The dog will not occupy a seat and will be located next to you but not at the emergency exit row. The dog must be harnessed during the flight. Flight to/from USA should a passenger with disability has to carry his/her guide dog/assistance dog or emotional support dog