THAI would like to advise that flights TG917 and TG916 (to and from London) will be cancelled on the following dates:
- 23/27/29 MAY, and 5/6/7/12/13 and 21 JUNE.
Passangers affected by these cancellations are advised to get in touch with their travel agent, or with our Reservations team on 0330 400 4022 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THAI would like to apologise for any inconvinience caused.
Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) takes measures to protect against the Ebola virus.
Sqn.Ldr. Pongpeera Paisarnkulwong, Vice President of Aviation Safety, Security & Standards, stated that is taking preventive measures for passenger and employee safety and to increase passenger confidence. THAI is taking preventive measures on board and on the ground, similar to the preventative measures taken during the SARS outbreak in 2003 and during the bird flu outbreak in 2004. Those measures resulted in prevention of the spread of the outbreak, earning THAI a commendation from the World Health Organization (WHO). Additionally, THAI does not operate to any of the three African countries – New Guinea, Sierra Leon, and Liberia where there is an outbreak of the Ebola virus. THAI operates to only Johannesburg in South Africa, which has not had any reports on the outbreak. As well Thailand has not had any reports on the outbreak.
THAI preventive measures include:
- Observing and screening of passengers on the ground during check-in and before boarding the aircraft; any passenger with unusual sign of sickness must have a physician’s certificate
- Observing of passengers throughout the flight
- Spray disinfecting the aircraft interior while on the ground
- Deep cleaning of the aircraft interior and 36 additional touch points within the cabin
- Monitoring the health of aircraft employees, providing them with protective gear, and ensuring employees receive information
- Increasing inspection of packages and good transported in cargo, and avoiding transport of goods deemed to be of risk
- Maintaining and ensuring the cleanliness, selection, and preparation of foods so there is no risk of being a carrier of the virus
THAI is coordinating closely with Thailand’s Ministry of Health to keep abreast on the latest developments of the virus and various preventative measures.