1. THAI was voted second for Best Intercontinental Airlines at the 17th Grand Travel Award 2009 in Stockholm. The votes were conducted with over 1,200 travel agents in Stockholm, Denmark and Norway.
2.THAI voted second for Best Asian Carrier at the sixth annual Go Asia Awards. The award was presented to THAI at ITB 2009 in Berlin, Germany. In addition, Thailand also received the Go Asia Award for being the Best Travel Destination in Asia. The Go Asia initiative was founded in 2003 in order to enhance the travel market in the German speaking regions. The ranking was based on the results of an online survey at www.goasia.de, conducted between October, 2008, and February 15, 2009. An overall number of 1,457 expedients from travel agencies, tour operators and other tourism related businesses plus 2,228 end consumers casted their votes.
3. THAI's Royal First Class Lounge at Suvarnabhumi Airport ranked the Best in Skytrax 2009 global survey of airlines. Besides, THAI's airline cabin staff category has also climbed up from fourth to third place and THAI remains among the top five in the Best First Class Airline Award. The Skytrax "World Airline Awards" are conducted between August 2008 and March 2009. The Awards are highly regarded as "the world's most respected and recognized Airline Awards." In the lounge section, THAI features five stars dining options and offers Spa and massage services for its customers. Staff services at THAI's Royal First Class Lounge also earned five stars on service efficiency as well as general customer care.
4. THAI won the Trusted Brands Platinum Award for the Airline category in Thailand 2009. Trusted Brands Platinum Award in the Airline category for 10 consecutive years." Reader's Digest Asia Trusted Brand Survey was launched in 1999 and has been carried out annually for the past eleven years. Over 400,000 questionnaires were mailed by Reader's Digest magazine last October, while about 170,000 calls were conducted by the Nielson Company during September to October 2008. The Platinum Trusted Brand Award was rated according to six qualitative criteria: Trustworthiness & Credibility, Quality, Value, Understanding of Customer Needs, Innovative and Social Responsibility.
5. THAI Ranked top three of the world’s best airlines, best business class and best cabin service among frequent flyers in the SmartTravelAsia.com travel magazine poll. The poll lasted for three months, starting from May to July. Approximately 60 percent of the voters were based in Asia, largely in Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and the Middle East.
6. THAI Receives Best Caterer of 2008 Award from China Airline. The Award was presented to the Catering Department in appreciation of its efforts and excellent service in providing Catering services to China Airline. Currently, THAI Catering produces more than 700,000 meals per year for China Airlines
7. THAI won the Thailand ICT Awards EXPO 2009 under the category of tourism and hospitality from the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology for for Cabin Attendant Pre-Flight Study and Briefing System , which was designed and developed by THAI staff.