1. Four advertising entries of THAI won top prizes in the PATA Gold Awards for third consecutive year. The four entries were: 1. Category - Heritage & Culture Suwannaphumi 2002 The Golden Land: Thailand/Cambodia/Laos/Myanmar 2. Category - Travel Advertisement - Electronic Media THAI domestic TV commercial "Sawasdee Andaman" 3. Category - Customer Travel Brochure Royal Orchid Holidays Brochure 2001/02 4. Category - Travel Poster "Smooth as Silk to Myanmar Laos Vietnam, and Hong Kong".
2. At the 14th Annual Freddie Awards, THAI's Royal Orchid Plus was voted as the world's best frequent flyer and frequent traveller programmes in three key categories; Best Customer Service Best Award Redemption and Best Website under the total of 9 categories.
3. THAI's inflight magazine "Sawasdee" won two awards under the categories of "Design Features" and "Photography: Reportage (story)" at the 37th Publication Design Competition organized by the Society of Publication Designers (SPD) of New York.
4. THAI was voted winner of the Outstanding Brand Performance Platinum Award 2002 by readers of Reader's Digest for third consecutive year. The award was given to THAI in recognition of its outstanding service standard, being selected by passengers as their choice of carrier.
5. THAI was ranked one of top three airlines in the Asia-Pacific in 2002 by Business Traveller Asia Pacific magazine under the category of - one of three "Best Asia-Pacific Airlines" in 2002 - one of 10 "Best Airlines" worldwide in 2002 - one of 10 "Best First Class" operators worldwide in 2002 - one of five "Best Economy Class" in the world for the year 2002 - one of five "Best Frequent Flyer Program" airline mileage accumulation programs in the world in 2002.
6. THAI was awarded by Conde Naste Traveller as one of three airlines providing the "Best International Long-Hual" service 2002
7. THAI was voted as the "Best Southeast Asian Airline" in 2002 by Travel Trade Gazette (TTG), a leading business travel magazine.
8. THAI was selected for the "Best Intercontinental Airline of the year" award for the third consecutive year in the "Danish Travel Awards" ceremony for the year 2002.
9. THAI received the Disclosure Award 2002 from H.E. Mr.Somkid Jatusripitak, Finance Minister and President of the Security Exchange Commission, for being an exemplary listed company comcerning information disclosure.
10. THAI's inflight magazine, "Sawasdee" July 2002 issue featured "Thai Food Special" won gold Eddie Awards at the Folio: annual awards programme: the Eddies and the Ozzies"
11. THAI has received an Honorable Mention for customer service from the Automatic Check-in and Ticketing System Project, in the 2nd contest of the State Sector IT Awards, 2002.