1. THAI has once again won the prestigious award for "Best Intercontinental Airline" in the Norwegian Grand Travel Award 2012.This marks the eighth consecutive year in which Thai Airways International has acclaimed this award.
The Grand Travel Award was attended by leading Travel Agencies and key Decision Makers in the travel trade. The nominees are selected by a travel trade jury, and the voting is conducted by a random selection of more than 800 travel agents from throughout Norway.
2. THAI received the Most Outstanding Airlines Full Service International Award 2011 from Travel and hospitality ( TH ) , an Indian print publication.This was the first year that Travel & Hospitality granted awards. THAI was selected based on an extensive consumer response study conducted in 11 cities by GMJ, India ’s leading research firm.
3. THAI Cargo & Mail Commercial Department received awards for the best Safety, Hygiena and Environment in working place and the Professional Security Officer award at the national level for 2012.The award ceremony was organized by Department of Labor Protection and Welfare. Cargo & Mail Commercial Department’s operational area of THAI has been rewarded for four years consecutively. Moreover, in 2012 THAI entered “THAI Operation Center” (OPC) located at Suvarnabhumi Airport into the competition for the first time, which resulted in THAI being rewarded the Best Safety Establishment at the national level.
4. THAI received TTG Travel Awards 2012 for Best South-East Asian Airline and Best Airline Business Class at the 23 rd Annual TTG Travel Awards 2012 Ceremony and Gala Dinner.
5. THAI received three Smart Travel Asia 2012 Best in Travel Poll Awards. THAI ranked Third Best Airline Worldwide for Cabin Service, was cited as a Top 10 Airline overall, and one of the Top 10 Airlines for Business Class.
6. THAI received an award for the effective implementation of an integrated package and awarded for The project development of Public Information Centre, from The Office of the National Anti-Corruption Commission.
7. THAI accepted the CSRI Recognition 2012 Award for Most Improved CSR 2012 from Chairman, The Stock Exchange of Thailand. The CSRI Recognition 2012, Award honors and inspires Thai listed companies that have exhibited commitment to sustainably running their businesses for the benefit of society as well as that of shareholders. Companies create good examples that inspire other listed companies to follow suit in improving organizational development, thereby gaining investor and public interest.
8. THAI achieved an award of Excellence in the Best Feature On Asian Travel for "Out From The Shodows",and article by Joe Cummings, From our in-flight magazine "Sawasdee" May 2012 issue from the annual Asia Publishing Awards(APA). THAI also received the Bronze Award for Design and Most Improved Publication at the 2012 Pearl Award by the US-based Custom Content Council.