1. THAI's floral float made a remarkable entry at the 109th Rose Parade inPasadena, California, USA, under the theme "Amazing Thailand", and won the Craftsman Award.
2. Two video documentary series shown on board THAI intercontinental flights-Arrival Destination Bangkok and Thai Airways International's 37th Anniversary -were awarded the Telly Award and the Avion Award, respectively, by the American Business Association.
3. THAI's Royal Orchid Plus Frequent Flyers Program received the Freddie Award from Inside Flyer magazine under the category "Best International Frequent Flyers Program". THAI was the first airline in Asia to receive the award.
4. THAI ranked top for inflight services and quality of inflight meals according to the survey conducted by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). The IATA survey is conducted every six months.
5. THAI moved up 59 places from the ranking of 141 to 82, under the category "1998 Most Admired Asian Companies" following a survey conducted by the Hong Kong-based Asian Business magazine.
6. THAI was voted top place for flight punctuality according to the Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (AAPA). The AAPA consists of nine member airlines.
7. THAI was among the top ten "most popular" airlines according to a survey conducted by Conde Nast Traveller UK magazine. The category included overall flight destinations, convenient flight connections, service and efficient flight timing.
8. THAI was among the top ten "best" airlines according to the "1998 Top 100 Reader's Choice Awards" based on a survey conducted by Conde Nast Traveller UK magazine.
9. THAI's Catering Services received the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Certificate which has been approved by the Thai Industrial Standards Institute, and the Food and Drug Administration, operating under the supervision of the Ministry of Industry and Ministry of Public health, respectively.
10. THAI's Technical Department and the New Aircraft Maintenance Facility at U-TAPAO Airport were awarded JAR-145 Certification by the Joint Aviation Authorities (JAA) which is a conglomerate of 20 European countries.
11. THAI's jumbo Village, Surin received the 1999 Thailand Tourism Award from the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) under the category of "Best Local Attraction".
12. THAI's Technical Department has been awarded ISO 9002 Certification by the Bureau Veritas Quality International. (BVQI)