1. THAI received the outstanding state enterprise award 2011 for Excellent Organization Development from Mr. Teerachai Puwanartnaranuban (right), Finance Minister, at the State Enterprise Award 2011 ceremony which was held at Challenger-Impact hall, Muangthong Thani, Bangkok. THAI was awarded for turning around its loss of over 20 billion baht in 2009 into a profit of 1.5 billion baht in 2010, as a result of combined efforts and cost-saving measures from all members of management team and staff.
2. THAI announced it was recognized by Smart Travel Asia 2011 for placing 4 th in the Top 10 Airline Worldwide category, placing 6 th in Top 10 Airlines Business Class and placing 2 nd in Top 10 Airlines Cabin Service. Smart Travel Asia is a dedicated travel magazine for Asia and is read by over 1,000,000 unique visitors annually and has consistently high search engine rankings.
3. THAI received rankings in the top three for a number of categories in the coveted Business Traveller Awards. Thai Airways International placed second for Best Airline , second for Best Asia-Pacific Airline , third for Best Business Class , third for Best Economy Class , second for Best Frequent-Flyer Programme (Royal Orchid Plus), and 3 rd for Best Airline Lounge in Asia-Pacific.
4. THAI Wins Best South-East Asian Airline and Best Airline Business Class at the 22 nd Annual TTG Travel Awards 2011 Ceremony and Gala Dinner. The annual TTG Travel Awards recognises and honours the finest luminaries in Asia-Pacific travel industry who have consistently shown strong commitment towards service excellence. THAI has been voted by the readers of TTG Asia , TTG China , TTG India , TTGmice and TTG-Ttmice China this year. Categories in the TTG Travel Awards include Travel Agents, Outstanding Achievements, Best Airlines, and Best Hotels.
5. THAI receives awards from Singapore Airlines for Top Station Performance and first runner-up for Cargo Station Performance. Singapore Airlines has been a customer of Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) ground and cargo services for over 30 years.