The person accompanying the child can be a family member, guardian or other appointed person. However, if the child is traveling alone, parents must apply for unaccompanied minor service with THAI.
For children traveling between the age of 5 to 17 years old one must contact their local THAI office to make reservations and request a special assistance & handling form for unaccompanied minors. The handling form requires the age and date of birth of the child, contact number of the appointed guardian that can always be contacted both at the departing and arriving airport. The information enables THAI to make necessary arrangements and assist the child in the best possible way.
Any service charge is included and stated on ticket booking.
• THAI will not accept children traveling alone on any itineraries including the transfer between Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang Airport.
• THAI will not accept children traveling alone if the journey involves an overnight stop or transfer, or stopover exceeding 6 hours, unless the arrangement is provided for a child’s assistance at the transfer point.
• If a child travels with other air carriers, different regulations may apply. The age limit for unaccompanied minors on other air carriers may differ, and it is advisable to consult the carrier concerned.
• An unaccompanied minor is not permitted to travel with pets.
• It is important to check that all visas and other formalities are completed.
• Additional documentation may be required for certain countries; such as minors of other nationalities travelling to the Philippines must obtain a waiver of exclusion issued by the Philippines Embassy.
For International Routes: An adult fare is charged for children who apply for the unaccompanied minor service, between 5 to below 17 years old. Please check with the local THAI office for specific fares and regulations. The service fee for an unaccompanied minor is USD 60 (US dollar) per flight.
For Domestic Routes in Thailand: Seventy-five percent (75%) of the normal fare (C or Y fares) for children, between 5 to below 12 years old is applied if the unaccompanied service is required. There is no service fee on domestic routes.
THAI requires the parents or the guardian stay at the airport until the departure of the flight. Parents must complete check-in formalities for THAI to accept a child to travel. Ground staff at the departure hall will transfer the child to cabin attendants for boarding, and the child will be well-taken care of during the entire flight.
Upon arrival at the destination, THAI’s ground staff will accompany the child from the aircraft through all the arrival procedures until they meet the appointed guardian, who must identify themselves in order to pick up the child. The security and well-being of the child is our priority and that is why THAI ensures that he/she will arrive safely and handed over appropriately.