New Hotel Awards and Digital Certificates
Introducing new Hotel Awards that will begin on 01 July 2016, featuring an expansion of Award levels and corresponding miles. With the new structure each redeemed Award Certificate is valid for a 1 night stay. There will be no limit to the number of consecutive night stays, however 1 Certificate is required for each night and rooms are subject to availability.
There will be changes in mileage required for Hotel Award stays with participating hotels, some less and some more. If you are a regular redeemer of Hotel Awards or making your first Hotel Award redemption you may compare the current and new Hotel Award Charts to make the most ofyour miles.
Also, Hotel Awards redeemed from 01 April onwards will no longer be in the form of a paper certificate, but rather digital certificates will be delivered by email for more ease and convenience. Digital certificates will apply also to Lifestyle Awards, so if your profile does not contain an email address be sure to update your profile prior to redeeming these Awards.
What to Do Before 30 June 2016
- If you already have a valid Award Certificate or are redeeming a Hotel Award before 30 June 2016 you may use your Certificate issued with the current Award Chart for a stay completed by 31 December 2016.
- However you must obtain a confirmed booking with your preferred hotel by 30 June 2016. The hotel may require a scanned or faxed copy of your Award Certificate for verification.
- Change of booking dates is per hotel policy, subject to availability and the stay must be completed by 31 December 2016
What to Do from 01 July 2016 Onwards
- If you hold a valid Award Certificate and have not obtained a confirmed booking prior to 30 June 2016 you may still use the Award within its stated validity on the following conditions.
- Your Award Certificate is valid for redemption using the stated number of miles and nights with new Hotel Awards. For example if your Certificate has an award code of HXA1 at 14,000 miles the Certificate can be used for a 1 night stay at any hotel requiring 14,000 or less with new Hotel Awards.
- Contact the hotel and request an Award booking. The hotel may require a scanned or faxed copy of your paper Award Certificate for verification.
- If the hotel you intended to redeem with requires more miles, if there is no longer a participating hotel in the city of your choice, or you are not able to use a valid Award Certificate by 31 December 2016, your Hotel Award issued up to 30 June 2016can be re-credited to your account.
- Original paper Hotel Award Certificates must be returned to Royal Orchid Plus by post, or may be returned to any THAI city ticketing office worldwide. For digital Hotel Award Certificates, send your certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org and request re-credit.
- Once received, miles will be re-credited to your account and associated service fees will be waived.
- Any expired miles in the Award will also be re-credited. These miles will remain valid for an additional quarterly period.
- Once re-credited miles can be used to redeem a new Hotel Award under the new Award structure, or miles can be redeemed for any Award of your choice.