Program Terms and Conditions
Membership in the Royal Orchid Plus program is subject to thefollowing Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may be revised by THAI at anytime.
1. The Royal Orchid Plus Program is open to any person 2 yearsof age or older who has a mailing address in Thailand or any country which has not prohibited participation in frequent flyer program.
2. Corporations or other legal entities cannot be enrolled as members.
3. Only one person can be enrolled per Royal Orchid Plus account. Membership will be listed under the participant’s full name in English including title (Mr. Mrs. etc.). The individual’s signature or electronic acceptance of terms and conditions is required for enrolment and/or name or address changes. (Documentation of legal name change must be attached).
4. To participate in the Royal Orchid Plus Program, the applicant must submit a completed and signed enrolment form to THAI,or enrol on-line at www.thaiairways.com/rop indicating acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of Royal Orchid Plus. THAI has the sole right to interpret and apply Program Rules.
5. Membership numbers and accrued mileage are non-transferable from one program to another or one member to another under any circumstance. Retroactive credit on THAI or participating airline partners will not be given for flights taken prior to enrolment.
6. THAI reserves the right to cease delivery of Royal Orchid Plus Program printed or electronic updates and related materials to any member who does not meet active criteria as determined by THAI.
7. THAI takes no responsibility for any disruption or loss of program updates or literature when delivering by surface mail or by electronic channels.
8. To qualify for Silver membership in the program you must earn 10,000 or 15,000 qualifying miles within three specifi ed evaluation periods as determined by THAI. Gold membership is attained when you accumulate 50,000 qualifying miles or 80,000 qualifying miles within three specifi ed evaluation periods as determined by THAI, or by completing 40 paid international sectors on THAI within 1 calendar year, excluding travel in V, W, G classes. Qualifying miles are defi ned as actual miles fl own,subject to paid fare, on THAI and Star Alliance operated fl ights, and include applicable class of service Bonus Miles. All bonus and promotional miles as well as all other partner miles are excluded from membership evaluation.
9. On attaining Silver membership you will receive your Royal Orchid Plus Member’s Silver card and related materials. Please allow 3 weeks for delivery.
10. After enrolment any stored information relating to membership can be used for THAI, partner and third party marketing or communications purposes to the extent to which the member has consented in their enrolment with Royal Orchid Plus.
11. The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Thailand. However, some local laws may prohibit participation in frequent fl yer programs or require alterations to the rules applicable to the Program. THAI will not be liable when complying with such local laws.
12. Any tax liability arising from the redemption of Awards is the sole responsibility of the member and THAI makes no warranty or representation in relation to such tax liability.
13. Miles are valid for 3 years and expire on a quarterly basis. Miles earned in any given quarter, and not redeemed, will expire on the last day of the respective quarter 3 years thereafter. Expiration dates each calendar year are on the last day of March, June, September and December.
14. THAI may change the Royal Orchid Plus Program rules, regulations, benefi ts, conditions of participation or mileage levels, in whole or in part at any time with or without notice, even though change may affect the value of the mileage or Awards already issued. THAI may change or terminate Program partners, withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any Award, increase the mileage required for, or fees associated with any Award, modify or regulate the transferability of Awards or benefi ts, add unlimited number of blackout dates, or limit the number of seats available to any or all destinations.
15. The selling, purchasing, bartering, auctioning or exchanging of all Royal Orchid Plus Awards, including Award tickets, for compensation is strictly prohibited. THAI reserves the right to withhold or confi scate award documents, void remaining miles, close accounts, terminate membership, with or without notice, in the event of any member found to be conducting a commercial transaction with third parties involving Award documents.
16. Thai Airways International and Royal Orchid Plus will not be held responsible for any unauthorized changes of Nominees or be held liable when issuing Awards for designated Nominees.
17. Royal Orchid Plus accounts in which no mileage activity is credited for a period of 2 years after the date of the last credited activity will be automatically closed and all accrued mileage forfeit.
18. THAI reserves the right to terminate the Royal Orchid Plus Program at any time.
May 1, 2009
THAI may change the Royal Orchid Plus Program rules, regulations, benefi ts, conditions of participation or mileage levels, in whole or in part at any time with or without notice, even though change may affect the value of the mileage or Awards already issued. THAI may change or terminate Program partners, withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any Award, increase the mileage required for, or fees associated with any Award, modify or regulate the transferability of Awards or benefi ts, add unlimited number of blackout dates, or limit the number of seats available to any or all destinations.