1. The Craftsman Award was presented to THAI's floral float entry at the 110th Rose Parade in Pasadena, California , USA, under the theme "River of Kings"
2. THAI was selected by leading Japanese travel consultant companies to receive the first prize national marketing award or "TM Grand Prix Award" to mark the campaign "Go To Thailand While You Are Still Young" in Japan.
3. The global travel publishing group OAG Worldwide awarded to THAI under the categories as follows: - Best Short Haul Executive/Business Class-Asia Pacific - Best Asian Airline - Best Long Haul Economy Class - Best Frequent Flyer Program-Asia Pacific - Best Long Haul Economy Class-Asia Pacific.
4. THAI was ranked among the top ten "best" international airlines based on a survey conducted by Travel & Leisure magazine September 1999 issue of American Express Co.,Ltd under the categories of Cabin Comfort, In-Flight Service, On time record, Food and Customer Service.
5. THAI was ranked top as the Most Price Conscious airline in the Asia Pacific region according to the World Jet Fuel Report magazine.
6. THAI was voted among the top three most popular airlines by The Daily Telegraph newspaper, UK.
7. THAI was awarded for best Bangkok business premises in terms of safety at work by the Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare.
8. THAI was ranked top on work efficiency, human relations and excellent manners of cabin attendants and quality of meals on board, according to IATA SPEAR, International Air Transport Association Survey of Passenger on Europe-Asia routes between October 1998-March 1999.
9. THAI's Royal Orchid Plus was voted the most popular frequent flyer program by Inside Flyer magazine.
10. THAI was received the 1999 award for most outstanding airline under the category of cargo and airfreight from Airfreight Forwarders Association.
11. THAI's Royal Orchid Plus Frequent Flyers Program received the Freddie Award from Inside Flyer magazine under the category "Best International Frequent Flyers Program". Royal Orchid Plus also garnered 3 additional 1999 Freddie Awards - Best Frequent Flyer Elite-level Program, Best Frequent Flyer Award Redemption Award, and Best Frequent Flyer Customer Service, respectively.