1. THAI was awarded the“Grand Travel Award 2005” in Norway based on the criteria of “Best full-service product and service both before, during and after travel,” with consideration made by a jury of 300 selected travel consultants worldwide.
2. THAI's Sawasdee magazine was recently awarded one of the PATA Gold Awards 2005 under the Travel Photography category for "Straight to the Top".
3. THAI received the Suriyasasidhorn 2005 runner-up prize for excellent wall calendar in the general category from the Public Relations Society of Thailand
4. THAI’s Royal Orchid Lounge received the “Excellent Management System and Hygiene in Passenger Lounge Award” from Ministry of Public Health for the implementation of the airline’s “High Hygiene in Royal Orchid Lounge” Project
5. THAI’s Royal Orchid Holidays was presented the “Best of Best Product” from Metro Newspaper, Korean Newspaper.
6. THAI was ranked the first of onboard catering service in Economy Class and the seventh in the category of best airline in the world by Skytrax’s passenger survey ranking. Besides that, THAI still received passenger survey ranking on Skytrax’s website, with details as follows – the second rank for onboard staff service in the world and in Asia–the second rank for Royal First Class Lounge - the ninth rank for onboard catering service in Royal First Class. Skytrax is a United Kingdom-based researching company for commercial airlines. It carries out international traveler surveys to find the best cabin staff, airport, airline, airline lounge, in-flight entertainment, onboard catering, and several other elements of air travel.
7. THAI was awarded the 26th Annual Telly Award under the category of Best Travel&Tourism Video “Happiness in Thailand” and Best Entertainment Production – “TV1 compilation from May-June Cycle. Telly Awards is the premier award honoring outstanding local, regional, and cable TV commercials and programs, as well as the finest video and film productions.
8. Mr. Kanok Abhiradee, THAI's President receives the 2005 Skytrax "World Airline Leadership Award”
9. THAI was ranked the forth of the 10 best airlines in survey of Travel+Leisure magazine between January-March 2005.
10. THAI was voted top-five in five categories namely, Favourite Airline Overall; Favourite Business Class; Favourite Economy Class; Favourite Cabin Service and Favourite Airline Food from SmartTravel Asia.Com.
11. THAI was awarded TTG Travel Award (Travel Trade Gazette) under the category of the "Best Airline - Business Class". As Thai has been actively moving forward in all areas, including inflight and ground services.
12. THAI wins the silver prize in the overall category of best long haul carrier and the bronze award in the category of best scheduled airline from “Reiseblick” one of Switzerland’s leading consumer travel magazine. The consumer based survey was based on the following criteria 1. Friendliness of Staff 2. Catering 3. Entertainment 4. Seat Pitch 5. Cabin Cleanness 6. Safety, on time performance and overall value for money
13. THAI’s Catering was awarded a plaque and a certificate from Ministry of Public Health for hygienic food
14. THAI’s Standards & General Administration Department was presented a certificate from The IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA)
15. THAI was votedthe second best intercontinental airlines by Stand By, the Danish Travel Magazine.
16. THAI was voted the second best Intercontinental airlines of the Year" at the Annual Danish Travel Awards Ceremony for the sixth consecutive year. Survey results were based on judgment concerning performance in the areas of inflight service, ground service, and town office service in Copenhagen.
17. THAI ranked first place for “Best Sparking Wine" served in First Class, in a survey conducted by Business Traveller Magazine and Wine International, in the Cellars in the Sky Awards 2005.
18. THAI received an award at the “20th ASEANTA Awards for Excellence 2006” under the category the “Best ASEAN Travel Article” for the article entitled “A Fragile Force” that appeared in Sawasdee inflight magazine’s July 2005.
19. THAI was voted the best intercontinental airlines by RES, the Swedish Magazine.