Seamless travel across the world’s largest airline network just got better with Star Alliance Upgrade Awards which is now available exclusively online for Royal Orchid Plus members.
Please carefully note the following conditions before redeeming a Star Alliance Upgrade Award online at Manage Your Account.
|Distance||Economy Class (Y/B Booking classes only) to Business Class||Business Class (D/C Booking classes only) to First Class|
|Up to 1,000 miles||25,000 miles||30,000 miles|
|1,001 to 2,000 miles||30,000 miles||40,000 miles|
|2,001 to 3,000 miles||35,000 miles||45,000 miles|
|3,001 to 4,500 miles||48,000 miles||60,000 miles|
|4,501 to 6,000 miles||60,000 miles||72,000 miles|
|6,001 miles and up||70,000 miles||80,000 miles|
1. A paid ticket must be issued by your chosen Star Alliance airline before requesting an upgrade.
2. Upgrades can be requested for member self or an Award Nominee only. The name of the passenger traveling must appear on the ticket.
3. The ticket must be issued by the operating carrier, be sure of your chosen airline code and the 3 digit flight numbers that appears on the ticket. For example, if the airline is Lufthansa the flight should appear as LH701, If the flight displays LH0701 this represent a codeshare flight with another airline, and will not be accepted for an upgrade award.
4. Upgrades are valid on stipulated paid fares with the corresponding booking classes.
• Economy to Business Class in Y, B booking classes
• Business to First Class in C, D booking classes
• Please note the expanded booking classes available on selected carriers below.*
*All Nippon Airways (NH) Economy Class to Business Class in Y, B, E booking classes
SWISS (LX) Economy to Business Class in Y, B, M booking classes and Business to First Class in C, D, Z booking classes
EVA AIR(BR) Economy to Business Class in Y,B,K booking classes.
5. Upgrades are for one way, one sector international travel only.
6. Upgrade requests must be made no less than 24 hours prior to flight departure.
7. Upgrades are subject to availability.
8. Upgrades may be requested for up to 4 passengers in a single booking, each subject to the miles required for a single upgrade.
9. All upgrades confirmation are stored electronically which your reservation and are accepted at flight check-in.
10. Should you cancel a valid paid ticket that has been upgraded, all miles, less any expired miles, will be automatically returned to your account.