Star Alliance 15th Anniversary Frequent Flyer Bonus
As a Royal Orchid Plus member you are automatically eligible for this Star Alliance 15th Anniversary Frequent Flyer Bonus Promotion, registration is not required. Please note the terms and conditions below that apply to all Star Alliance airline loyalty programs and their members. Good luck in your quest for 15,000 Bonus Miles!
Terms & Conditions
1.This Star Alliance 15th Anniversary Frequent Flyer Bonus Promotion (“Promotion”) is open to all members of any Star Alliance member airline Frequent Flyer Programme (“FFP”) aged 18 and over only. Employees of Star Alliance Services GmbH (“Star GmbH”) or anyStar Alliance member airlineand each of their agents and distributors; employees of marketing or media agencies contracted by Star GmbH; and anyone connected with this Promotion are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
2. The Promotion starts at 9am CET(Central European Time) on 14May 2012 and ends on 14November2012 at 23.59pm CET (“Closing Date”).Entries received after the Closing Date will not be considered.
3. By entering the Promotion youare deemed to have understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). If you do not agree with these Terms do not register for, or participate in, the Promotion. Please retain these Terms for your future reference.
5. The promoter is Thai Airways International, with offices located at 89 VibhavadiRangsit Road, Bangkok 10900, Thailand (the “Promoter”). All decisions made by the Promoter in all matters regarding this Promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. This Promotion is void in all countries where it is illegal by law. Residents from such countries must not submit entries and any such entries that are submitted will not be accepted. Participants from jurisdictions where the Promotion is not permitted will not be entitled to claim any prize. Proof of address may be required at any stage of the Promotion. A full list of countries in which this Promotion is deemed to be illegal is available upon request to the Promoter.
7. To enter the Promotion, you must follow the registration procedure defined by Promoter’s FFP, which can be found on Promoter’s website. Registration is not required for THAI’s Royal Orchid Plus members.After registration,you(the “Entrant”) will automatically be entered into the Promotion.Once entered, the number of different Star Alliancemember airlineson which you flew during the Promotion’s duration will be monitored and calculated by Promoter, using the record of your flight activities as tracked by the Promoter through the Promoter’s FFP, and any other relevant Star Alliance member airline’sFFP.
8. In order to accurately ascertain the number of different Star Alliance member airlines on which you flew during the Promotion, you must ensure that each Eligible Flight (as defined below) you take during the Promotion’s duration is correctly recorded on your FFP membership account. We advise that you ask your travel agent or booking agent to enter this information at the time of booking. In addition, you should show your membership card when you check-in for your flight.
9. The entry is restricted to one entry per valid FFP membership of anyStar Alliance member airline FFP (therefore, if you are a member of more than one Star Alliance member airline FFP, you may submit more than one entry to the Promotion).
10. The 15 winners (“Winners”)from thePromoter’s FFPwill be those 15 Entrants who flew Eligible Flights on the greatest number of different Star Alliance member airlines during the Promotion, regardless of the timing of registration within the Promotion’s duration.In the eventthat the 15th and the16th potential Winners flew Eligible Flights on the same number of different Star Alliance member airlines, the 15thWinnerwill be the Entrant who reached that winning number of Star Alliance member airlines flown on the earliest date.In the unlikely event that the 15th and the16th potential Winnersflew on the same number of Star Alliance member airlines and reached that winning number of Star Alliance member airlines flown on the same date, the 15thWinner will be the Entrant who accrued the greatest number of miles of Eligible Flights during the Promotion’s duration.An“Eligible Flight” is any flight eligible for mileage or points accrual under the Promoter’s FFP.
11.Mileage or points for all Eligible Flights flown during the Promotion period must be accrued by 14December 2012. Any missing miles requested to be credited after14December 2012 for Eligible Flights flown during the Promotion’sduration will not count towards the number of Star Alliance member airlines flown during the Promotion.
12. Photocopies or other substitutes of registration forms will not be accepted. Entries not complying with theseTerms will be deemed ineligible and disqualified.
13. Winners will be notified through any contact details provided during the registration process or data held in Promoter’s FFP database within 2 months after the Closing Date.
14. The prize will be 15,000 miles credited on each Winner’s registered FFP account, through which that Winner is an enrolled member in Royal Orchid Plus and participated in the Promotion (“Prize”).
15. There are 15 prizes available to Entrants of the Promoter’s FFP. ThePrize is not transferable,is not redeemable for cash and there is no cash alternative. The Prize will be credited in whole to the Winner’s registered FFP account only and may not be split across any other FFP account. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the Prize will be permitted, except that the Promoter reserves the right to amendor modify the Prize, or substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the intended Prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond its reasonable control.
16. 15,000 mileswill be awarded to the winning accounts. The miles are not transferrable to any other account within the same FFP nor to any other FFP on any other Star Alliance member airline or any other airline. Redemption, spending and other use of the miles is subject at all times to the Promoter’s current FFP terms.
17. Each Winner shall be solely responsible for: • paying any and all taxes associated with its receipt or use of the Prize awarded in this Promotion, including but not limited to country, state, local taxes and VAT;
• paying all relevant airport taxes and airport charges when booking and taking flights using redeemed / spent miles, in accordance withthe Promoter’s current FFP terms; and
• Indemnifying and holding harmless the Promoter from and against any and all damages, losses, costs, injuries and claims arising out of or in connection with any claim or action that arises out of the participation by the Winner in this Promotion or use of the Prize in material breach of these Terms or in material breach of applicable law.
18. Subject to Paragraph 19, you acknowledge that the Promoter, its Prize sponsors, directors, officers, employees, agents and contractors shall not be liable:
• to the maximum extent permitted by law; and
• for medical expenses incurred no matter under which circumstances; and
• for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims suffered by participants as a result of entering into this Promotion or accepting and utilizing the respective Prize; and
• for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
19. Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes, or will be deemed to limit or exclude, the Promoter’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, death or personal injury caused by its negligence or liability that may not otherwise be limited or excluded by law.
20. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all Prizes are awarded “as is” and without conditions, warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty or condition of satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose).
21. The Promoter may, at any time, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, amend or modify these Terms and may also suspend, interrupt, terminate or discontinue this Promotion at any time (as it may reasonably deem necessary due to circumstances beyond its control) without notice or liability to anyone. This applies in particular in the event of any circumstances that disrupt the Promotion or prevent it from proceeding as planned.
22. At any time during the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and remove any participants for any failure to observe the Terms including but not limited to cases where the Promoter believes the participant to be engaged in any kind of illegal or inappropriate behaviour. In the event that a Winner is disqualified, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternative Winner selected by the Promoter.
24. All personal data provided in the course of this Promotion is collected by the Promoter, and may be used and stored by the Promoter, including outside of your country of residence andoutside of the European Economic Area, for the purposes of this Promotion as set out in these Terms,and you consent to this collection, use and exportoutside of the European Economic Area of your personal data for the purposes set out in these Terms.
25. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any breaches of contract or any actions or omissions on the part of any other Star Alliance member airline or any supplier or other third party, nor be liable in any way to any party for any loss or damage arising in connection with this Promotion, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to any illegible, lost, delayed or incomplete entries, error in computing, any breakdown or malfunction in any computer system or equipment and any notice which is misdirected or lost in post. Proof of delivery is not proof of receipt.
26. If any of these provisions in these Terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then such term shall be deleted from these Terms, and the remaining terms shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
27. This Promotion and any disputes relating to it will be governed by the laws of Thailand.