23 January 2020
Flt. Lt. Pratana Patanasiri, Vice President, Aviation Safety, Security & Standards, Thai Airways International (THAI), said that due to the outbreak of pneumonia caused by Novel Coronavirus, THAI is implementing measures based on directives issued by the Ministry of Public Health and the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT), in an effort to boost passenger confidence. THAI has issued the following measures to prevent the contraction of the disease, with consideration made for service provision and high safety standards.
THAI’s Novel Coronavirus preventive measures are as follows:
1. Passenger screening and ground service measures
2. Inflight service measures
3. Aircraft preparation and disinfection measures
4. Aircraft interior cleaning measures
5. Employee preventive and precautionary measures
6. Cargo and commercial mail transportation measures
7. Meal preparation measures
Furthermore, the Company places high importance on strict adherence to the preventive measures. In particular, employees on duty must take heed of personal hygiene, such as wearing protective masks and gloves, and pay attention to passenger symptoms while on board.
THAI is in close coordination with the Ministry of Public Health in order to keep abreast of the current situation and the Ministry’s measures.
• WHO daily situation reports