Thai Airways International has made some adjustments of flight schedules for Australia and across the network due to aircraft rotation and maintenance.
Customers booked with a travel agent should contact the travel agent for assistance. For customers booked direct, THAI wil contact you to update your travel arrangements.
We appreciate your patience as we work through these adjustments.
Customers booked to travel with Thai Airways International, either via a travel agent or online via thaiairways.com, are not charged any additional fees to request services such as special meals, wheelchairs or for seat allocation.
In some cases, some travel agents may impose fees for these requests and we recommend customers should check with the booking/ticketing agent for details of any fees charged and ask for clarification if necessary.
Fees may apply for changes or corrections to ticketed bookings or for some specialist services. Please call us on 1300 651 960 for information.
The following items verified as special baggage are sporting equipment such as bicycle, bowling, fishing, golfing, snow/water skiing, scuba diving and surfboard/windsurf, pet as checked baggage, sporting firearms, weapons firearms ammunition and musical instrument.
A : On TG Operating flights only including TG2000-2999 and TG connecting with TG Flights only will apply new Flat Rates for a through-check portion as follows :
1.Flat Rate of Sport/Special Baggage is not applicable to purely domestic checked portion within Thailand. Exception: If Sport/Special baggage is through check from TG Domestic in connecting with TG International sectors, then the Flat Rate can be applied.
2. If charge of Sport/Special Baggage for purely domestic checked portion is required, the Domestic Excess Baggage Charge Table by zoning in Thai Baht (THB) shall be used.
• Wholly within TC3 : USD 100/Unit
Example : one Golf set for the below through-checked portions will be :
BKK – TG- HKG : charge USD 100/Unit
TYO – TG –x/BKK – TG- HKT: charge USD 100/Unit
• Between TC2 and TC3 : USD 150/Unit
Exception: Between Middle East Area and TC3 : USD 100/unit
Example : One Golf set for the below through-checked portions will be
BKK – TG – FRA : charge USD 150/Unit
SYD- TG- x/BKK – TG-FRA : charge USD 150/Unit
• To/From USA/Canada) : USD 150 /Unit
Example : One Golf set for the below through-checked portions will be :
BKK –TG- LAX or BKK-TG-x/SEL-TG-LAX : charge USD150/ Unit
Note : The above flat rates will be applied for all Sporting Equipment at a charge per unit except :
- A board (up to 2m in length) : charge 1 Unit rate
- A board (exceeding 2m in length) : charge 2 Unit rate
2. Portable Musical Instrument
- An instrument (up to 1m in length) : charge 1 Unit rate
3. Pet as checked baggage (AVIH)
Pet and container weight - Up to 10 kg : charge 2 Unit rate
- Up to 20 kg : charge 3 Unit rate
- Up to 30 Kg : charge 4 Unit rate
- Up to 40 kg : charge 5 Unit rate