17 March 2020
In light of the recent developments with regards to the COVID-19 outbreak worldwide, THAI’s continuous focus is assisting our customers during this challenging time. As a result, we have amended our policy to include all new and existing bookings, for departures from Australia to any THAI or THAI Smile worldwide destination.
This flexible policy means that THAI will waive the applicable change fees for bookings should passengers wish to postpone their trip, with immediate effect.
Passengers have the option to change travel dates within the validity of their ticket or 15th December 2020, subject to availability.
Some important information:
• The waiver of change fees is valid for bookings made in Australia for departures from Australia for travel during 16 March 2020 to 31 May 2020.
• Travel can be rebooked from now up to 15th December 2020. Rebooking must occur prior to original date of departure to avoid no-show fees.
• A fare difference may apply subject to booking class availability on the rebooked itinerary
• Rebooking may only be possible if the same fare type as indicated on ticket conditions is available. If the change to a higher fare type is needed, passengers may need to pay the fare difference
• Applicable refund fees will apply as per the ticket conditions
• This rule does not replace the existing policies for destinations in China and India.
Please note that if you have booked through a travel agent, you will need to contact them directly for any changes. We regret to inform you that we cannot action bookings made through travel agents.
If booked through our website, then our Reservations/Ticketing teams can assist with changes. They can be reached on 1300 651 960.
Please note that due to the high volume of calls and emails our teams are receiving, the response and waiting time is longer than usual. We kindly ask you to only contact us if your flight is departing in the next 72 hours so we can assist passengers with urgent requests. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Subscribe To Our Latest News