The information on this page is based on the guidance made available by the relevant authorities and is correct as of the date above but may be subject to change at very short notice.
We remind passengers that it is their responsibility to always check the relevant governmental websites to ensure they comply with the entry requirements at their destination at the time of travel, as well as the regulations in place at their point of departure.
- Travellers from the UK and Ireleand must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Thailand's Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) or the World Health Organisation (WHO), for more than 14 days.
- Travellers under 18 years of age travelling with fully vaccinated parents or guardians, are required to have a medical certificate with a laboratory result by RT-PCR method indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, no more than 72 hours before their travel date.
- Travellers must have been in the UK or Ireland for no less than 21 days before their travel date. Thai or foreign nationals with residence in Thailand are exempt from this requirement.
- All arrivals are required to stay at a Samui Extra Plus hotel for the first 7 nights. For the remaining 7 nights, Travellers can stay at a SHA Plus hotel on Ko Samui, Ko Pha Ngan or Ko Tao (accommodation establishment that is certified with the Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration (SHA) Plus certification).
- Travellers must arrive in Koh Samui on a direct flight or transit via Bangkok Suvarnabhumi on an approved airline only. Connecting flights on non-approved airlines are not permitted. Approved connecting flights can only be booked as part of your international flight to Thailand; they cannot be booked separately..
- All travellers must stay in Koh Samui for 14 days before they can travel to other parts of Thailand.
Every traveller must obtain a Certificate of Entry (COE) at https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/. Please visit the Royal Thai Embassy's website for further information.
The Embassy takes 6 working days to process the application. Applicants can check the result of the application on the website.
VACCINATION AND TESTING REQUIREMENTS
- All international arrivals must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for more than 14 days, with a vaccine approved by the MoPH or the WHO. Proof of vaccination must be submitted when applying for a COE.
For travellers from the UK, the NHS COVID Pass or vaccination record is accepted as proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Travellers from Ireland can obtain and present the EU Digital COVID-19 Certificate.
- A COVID-19 test with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected (COVID test must be by RT-PCR method), issued within 72 hours before departure is required.
Please note the documents below must be presented to the airline and the Thai authorities.
1. A vaccine certificate to proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for more than 14 days before the travel date with a vaccine approved by the MoPH or WHO
2. A valid visa or re-entry permit (if required)
3. A Certificate of Entry (COE) issued by the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate
4. A COVID-19 health insurance policy with a minimum coverage of US$100,000 for the total duration of stay in Thailand (for non-Thai nationals) or for the 14-day stay (Thai nationals)
5. A confirmation of booking in a Samui Extra Plus hotel or SHA Plus certified accommodation establishment for 14 days, or 2 hotels booked for 7 days each
6. Receipt of pre-payment for the required COVID-19 tests for the duration of the stay in Koh Samui, obtained from the booked accommodation
7. A medical certificate with an RT-PCR laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before departure.
REQUIREMENTS ON ARRIVAL
- Undergo Immigration and Customs procedures
- Download and install the alert application as well as set the application on at all times for the whole duration in Thailand
- Proceed directly to the reserved hotel on approved airport transfer service.
REQUIREMENTS DURING THE STAY
- Undergo COVID-19 tests as per the MoPH’s guidelines
- Travellers can travel within designated routes and on tour programmes on Koh Samui only from day 4-7. From day 8-14, travellers can travel within Ko Samui, Ko Pha Ngan and Ko Tao. Please note the DMHTTA precautions must be followed: D - Distancing, M - Mask wearing, H- Handwashing, T- Temperature check, T - Testing, and A - Alert Application.
For further essential information, including answers to the most frequently asked questions, please visit the Tourism Authority of Thailand's website here.
Passengers can purchase their tickets from the Thai Airways website