Conditions of Contract and other important notices
Notices for International Travel
If the passenger’s journey involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention may be applicable and the convention governs and in most cases, limits the liability of carriers for death or personal injury and in respect of loss or damage to baggage. See also notice headed “Advice to International Passengers on Limitation of Liability” and “Notice of Baggage Liability Limitations”.
Conditions of Contract
- As used in this contract “Ticket” means this passenger ticket and baggage check, or this itinerary/receipt if applicable, in the case of an electronic ticket of which these conditions and the notices form part. “Carriage” is equivalent to “Transportation”. “Carrier” means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage, hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage. “Electronic Ticket” means the itinerary/receipt issued by or on behalf of carrier, the electronic coupons and, if applicable a boarding document. “Warsaw Convention” means the convention for the unification of certain rules relating to international carriage by air signed at Warsaw, 12th October 1929, or that convention as amended at the Hague, 28th September 1955, or “Montreal Convention” means the convention for the unification of certain rules for international carriage by air signed at Montreal, 28th May 1999 whichever may be applicable.
- Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention unless such carriage is not “International Carriage” as defined by that convention.
- To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to: (I) Provisions contained in this ticket, (II) Applicable Tariffs, (III) Carrier conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of carrier), except in transportation between a place in the United States or Canada and any place outside thereof to which tariffs in force in those countries apply.
- Carrier’s name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in Carrier’s Tariffs, Condition of Carriage, Regulations or Timetables; Carrier’s address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of carrier’s name in the ticket; the agreed stopping places are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in carrier’s timetables as scheduled stopping places on the passenger’s route; carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
- An air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its agent.
- Any exclusion or Limitation of Liability of Carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents, employees and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, employees and representatives.
- Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of the baggage check. In case of damage to baggage moving in international transportation complaint must be made in writing to carrier forthwith after discovery of damage and, at the latest, within seven days from receipt; in case of delay, complaint must be made within 21 days from date the baggage was delivered. See tariff or Conditions of Carriage regarding non-international transportation.
- This ticket is good for carriage for one year from Date of Issue , except as otherwise provided in this ticket, in carrier’s tariffs, Conditions of Carriage, or related regulations, the fare for carriage hereunder is subject to change prior to commencement of carriage. Carrier may refuse transportation if the applicable fare not has been paid. Carrier will honour flight/electronic coupons only in sequence from place of departure shown on the ticket.
- Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections.
- Passenger shall comply with government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents. Passenger shall arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or, if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.
- No agents, employees or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.
Data Protection Notice
Advice to International Passengers on Limitation of Liability
Passengers embarking upon a journey involving an ultimate destination or a stop in a country other than the country of departure are advised that the provisions of an international treaty (the Warsaw Convention, the 1999 Montreal Convention, or other treaty), as well as a carrier's own contract of carriage or tariff provisions, may be applicable to their entire journey, including any portion entirely within the countries of departure and destination. The applicable treaty governs and may limit the liability of carriers to passengers for death or personal injury, destruction or loss of, or damage to, baggage, and for delay of passengers and baggage.
Additional protection can usually be obtained by purchasing insurance from a private company. Such insurance is not affected by any limitation of the carrier's liability under an international treaty. For further information please consult your airline or insurance company representative.
Carriers may permit a free checked baggage allowance, which is set by the carrier and may differ by class, and/or route. Carriers may apply extra charges for checked baggage in excess of their permitted allowance. Check with your carrier.
Notice of Government Imposed Taxes and Fees
The price of this ticket may include taxes, fees and charges which are imposed on air transportation by government authorities. These taxes, fees, and charges which may represent a significant portion of the cost of air travel, are either included in the fare or shown separately in the “Tax” box(es) of this ticket. You may also be required to pay taxes, fees and charges not already collected.
Dangerous Goods (Hazardous Materials)
For safety reasons, dangerous goods must not be packed in checked or cabin (unchecked) baggage except as specifically permitted. Dangerous goods include but are not limited to: compressed gases, corrosives, explosives, flammable liquids and solids, radioactive materials, oxidizing materials, poisons, infectious substances, and briefcases with installed alarm devices.For security reasons, other restrictions may apply. Further information may be obtained from your airline.
DO NOT ENDANGER YOUR SAFETY OR THAT OF YOUR FELLOW PASSENGERS.