Reserve Preferred Seats
Preferred Seats in Economy Class are located at the cabin's front rows and in the emergency exit rows. These seats offer extra legroom for additional comfort. Once tickets have been issued, passengers can now opt for a preferred seat prior to departure for a fee, which is based on distance flown and flight duration.
As part of the same facility, Business Class passengers also have the option of selecting Royal First Class seats for a fee on flights where a two cabin configuration in operation. This applies to a few regional routes serviced with Boeing 747 aircraft, which have a separate Royal First cabin but are not sold as such, including Bangkok to Delhi, Denpasar (Bali) and Mumbai.
For an even smoother experience, purchase your Preferred Seats online here , via THAI Contact Center (+66) 02-356-1111 or by contacting the local Reservations Office,
at least 48 hours before flight departure. Additionally, Preferred Seats can be purchased at the airport check-in counter and on board.
Preferred Seats fees* for Economy Class passengers
|To Zone 1 |
|To Zone 2 |
|To Zone 3 |
|To Zone 4 |
|To Zone 5
|From Zone 1
|From Zone 2
|From Zone 3
|From Zone 4
|From Zone 5
Preferred Seats fees* for Royal Silk Class passengers wishing to seat in Royal First Class zoning area (selected flights only)
|To zone 1 |
|To zone 2 |
|To zone 3 |
|To zone 4 |
|To zone 5
|| USD 145
| USD 260
| USD 395
||Bangladesh, Cambodia, China (Kunming), Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand (Chiang Mai/ Phuket)
Vietnam, Between Taipei and Seoul, Between Karachi and Muscat
||China (Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Xiamen), Hong Kong - China, India, Indonesia,
Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Taiwan - China, Between Phuket and Beijing
||Australia (Perth) , Japan, Korea, Oman, Pakistan, United Arab Emirates
||Australia (Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne) , Russia (Moscow)
||Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Between Stockholm and Phuket, Between Copenhagen and Phuket, Between Frankfurt and Phuket
*Fees are in US Dollars and will be converted into local currency at time of purchase.
**Preferred seat is not applicable for domestic sector in Thailand
- General Information
The sale of ‘Preferred Seats’ is now open for flights departing from 27th July 2019 onwards.
Rates will be charged differently, according to which class of travel and which zones passengers will be travelling to/from.
For example passengers in V and W classes will be eligible for ‘preferred seating’ only in the same aircraft zone.
Please note, preferred seat assignments can only be purchased:
• Through our Bangkok Reservations Office for TG operated flights only, no less than 48hrs before departure – Except for Emergency Exit Seats which are only available to be purchased at the airport check-in counter and on board when seats are available.
• At the Airport for TG (3 digits) operated flights and for connecting TG (3 digit) operated flights only, on flights of less than 48hrs before departure time.
The facility is applied in one direction between two given points shown in the chargeable table. The chargeable rates are determined from the point of departure to the point of arrival without a stopover at any of the intermediate points and vary according to class of travel. If passenger takes a stopover at an intermediate point, a new assessment of the charges, if applicable, will be measured from the point of departure following the stopover.
If passenger’s journey involves multiple airline partners, please be aware that the chargeable rates are applied to THAI flights, which are operated by THAI only. In case of codeshare flights, the carrier performing as the operating carrier may and/or may not have their own similar services provided. Please contact our reservations team for further advice.
- Rules and Regulations for Emergency Exit Seats
Exit row seats are situated either next to or immediately behind the emergency exit door, so in the unlikely event of an evacuation, passengers are expected to assist in the opening of the emergency exit door and must be willing to cooperate with cabin crew.
In order to comply with international safety regulations and requirements, the following passengers will not be eligible to be pre-allocated emergency exit seating:
• Passengers under 18 years old
• Passengers travelling with infants
• Pregnant passengers
• Passengers with restricted mobility (including those using wheelchairs or other assistive devices)
• Passengers that are not in full fitness, or are too frail or impaired at time of travel.
• Unaccompanied minors (UM)
• Buddhist monks/novices
• Passengers travelling with escort dogs/services dogs
• Passengers requiring an extended seatbelt
• Passengers with ‘Baggage in Seat’ (CBBG)
Once at the airport, THAI staff and/or its representatives will check whether passengers meet the conditions above.
If the passenger is found not eligible to sit in an emergency exit seats according to the above conditions, and where payment has already been made, passengers will not be eligible for a refund.
The purchase of Preferred Seats is non-refundable and non-interlineable, except when a passenger does not get seated on a puchased Preferred Seats due to a Thai Airways failure, in which case the fee will be fully refundable. Preferred Seats purchase documents issued can be kept to use on another flight where Preferred Seats are available.
- Other conditions of sale
• Rates are shown in USD (US Dollars) and will be converted to local currency using the Banker's Selling Rate on the date of purchase
• The above rates are charged separately and do not affect passengers’ baggage allowance, which may vary depending on cabin, status level, military status, itinerary and date of purchase
• Any other discount in percentage related to special passenger types such as Child / Infant, Tour Conductor and Agent Discounts are not applicable for the purchase of ‘Preferred Seats’
• Mileage is earned on the original paid fares and is not related to the sale of ‘Preferred Seats’
• By government order or agreement, certain passengers may have tickets terms and conditions that differ from the above. This shall be stated on the passenger's e-ticket
• Royal Silk Class passengers booked in C, D, J class can only select their “Preferred Seats” in the Royal First Class zoning on any THAI flights/sectors where a two class of service (Royal Silk and Economy) is in operation
- Baby Bassinet Service:
With the implementation of this new ancillary service, the seats with baby bassinet facility in economy class are now included as ‘Preferred Seats’. Bassinet service for infants can be requested at check-in only and will be charged as ‘preferred seat.’
For futher queries please refer to FAQs section