The global spread of COVID-19 is closing national borders as countries around the world fight to contain the spread of this coronavirus. With plunging passenger demand and border closures many airlines temporarily suspended some flights, which cause travel disruption for over years.
Tickets issued on/before 14 October 2021 and travel dates between 01 January 2020 - 14 October 2021
- Ticket validity can be extended until 31 December 2023, please contact THAI Ticketing / Reservation offices worldwide.
- Tickets can be reissued and reservation changes can be made without taxes and fee collection, for travels with the same miles / booking classes / and routes.
Travel Dates during 24 January 2020 - 30 September 2021
If you could not travel with Royal Orchid Plus award tickets due to impact from COVID-19, you can contact THAI offices worldwide, call +66 2 3561111, or e-mail to email@example.com for the following solutions.
1. Reservation change (postpone travel dates) / Extend award ticket validity
2. Reissue / Reroute award tickets (one time rerouting, using the same miles, in the same zone and service class only.)
3. Refund tax from Royal Orchid Plus award tickets to our own unique document; THAI Travel Voucher and recredit miles (Royal Orchid Plus terms & conditions apply)
Ticket cancellation and mileage re-credit
• For totally unused ticket
Miles will be returned to Royal Orchid Plus accounts. Tax and surcharge can be returned as the form of a Travel Voucher.
• For partially used ticket
Partial miles will be returned to Royal Orchid Plus accounts. Tax and surcharge will be returned partially as the form of a Travel Voucher.
Normal operating flights
- Service fee will apply for award changes / award ticket cancellation. Only total unused award tickets are allowed for mileage re-credit.
* Reservation changes and ticket cancellation must be done before the original travel dates and within ticket validity.
Expiring miles extension
Members who have expired miles in any quarter of 2021 and 2022, these miles will be extended for award redemption until 31 December 2023.
Platinum and Gold Awards 2020* / 2021
- Platinum and Gold members who did not yet request the Award 2020*, using 50% reduced miles for award ticket redemption on THAI, this right will be extended until 30 June 2022.
*This extension will apply to Platinum and Gold members who attain status by meeting normal criteria or Fast Track conditions of credit card partners only.
- Platinum and Gold members who did not yet request the Award 2021, using 50% reduced miles for award ticket redemption on THAI, this right will be extended until 31 December 2022.
- Platinum and Gold members who have the unused expired Complimentary Upgrade in 2020-2021, this benefit will be specially extended subject to validity of your renewed Platinum / Gold cards.
Remark: This announcement is updated as of 08 June 2022. THAI reserves the right to change published procedures without prior notice.