The person accompanying the child can be a family member, guardian or other appointed person. However, if the child is traveling alone, parents must apply for unaccompanied minor service with THAI.
Parents of unaccompanied children aged 5-11 traveling on economy class is required to contact THAI (THAI reservation & ticketing office) to receive the unaccompanied minor service.
Unaccompanied minor service on business/first class are only available to children aged 8 -11.
Please note that this service is optional for children aged 12-17.
- THAI will not accept children traveling alone on any itineraries including the transfer between Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang Airport.
- THAI will not accept children traveling alone that involves an overnight stop or transfer, or stopover exceeding 6 hours, unless the arrangement is provided for a child’s assistance at the transfer point.
- If a child travels with other air carriers, different regulations may apply. The age limit for unaccompanied minors on other air carriers may differ, and it is advisable to consult the carrier concerned.
- An unaccompanied minor is not permitted to travel with pets.
- It is important to check that all visas and other formalities are completed.
- Additional documentation may be required for certain countries; such as minors of other nationalities travelling to the Philippines must obtain a waiver of exclusion issued by the Philippines Embassy.
Ticket Fare and Service Fee
For International Routes: An adult fare is charged for children who apply for the unaccompanied minor service, between 5 – to below 17 years old. Please check with the local THAI office for specific fares and regulations. The service fee for an unaccompanied minor is USD 60 (US dollar) per flight.
For Domestic Routes in Thailand: Seventy-five percent (75%) of the normal fare (C or Y fares) for children, between 5 – 11 years old is applied if the unaccompanied service is required. There is no service fee on domestic routes.
Unaccompanied service is not available on code share flights (TG 4digits) Please directly book with the operating airline.
THAI requires that parents or guardian be at the airport with a child and remain at the airport until the flight departs. Parents must complete check-in formalities for THAI to accept a child to travel. Ground staff at the departure hall will transfer the child to cabin attendants for boarding, and the child will be well-taken care of during the entire flight.
Upon arrival at the destination, THAI’s ground staff will accompany the child from the aircraft through all the arrival procedures until they meet the appointed guardian, who must identify themselves in order to pick up the child. The security and well-being of a child is of the utmost importance, and THAI ensures that he/she will arrive safely and handed over appropriately