Reservation and Electronic Ticket
• An advance reservation can be made at least 6 hours (except Laos 4 hours) and a maximum of 11 months prior to departure except:
- more than 5 days for Contact THAI office payment,
- Travel commencing within/from Thailand requires a reservation at least
48 hours prior to departure for Bank ATM and Counter Service payment,
24 hours prior to departure for Over the Counter payment.
• A maximum of 9 (nine) passengers in the same booking.
• Cancellation of onward reservations. Please be advised that if you do not show up for any flight without advising us in advance, we may cancel your return or onward reservations. However, if you do advise us in advance, we will not cancel your subsequent flight reservations.
Contact THAI office
Contact at THAI ticket office in the country where the journey commences within 72 hours after booking has been made.
- Visa, MasterCard.
- American Express, JCB and UATP however, these credit card options are not available in every departure city.
Bank Direct Debit(Thailand only)
The maximum payment is allowed at 100,000 Baht (THB) and the payer must apply the internet banking with their bank.
Over The Counter(Thailand only)
- Counter Service :The maximum payment is allowed at 60,000 Baht (THB)
- TESCO Lotus, Big C, Pay at Post, Just Pay (TOT), Family Mart, True Money Express and M Pay and CenPay: The maximum payment is allowed at 30,000 Baht (THB). The promotion fares are not allowed.
Bank ATM (Thailand only)
Bangkok Bank, Krung Thai Bank, Siam Commercial Bank, Krungsri Bank, Thai Military Bank and United Oversea Bank (UOB)
The maximum payment is allowed at 100,000 Baht (THB)
Passenger(s) can select “Pay Later” to hold the booking for 24 hrs without fee, except domestic journey and special fares and journey starts from Japan and Indonesia. To do the payment, please retrieve the booking at Manage My Booking and pay it by credit card only. In case full payment is not made by the expiry date and time(24hrs), the reservation will automatically cancelled.
• Electronic ticketing can be purchased online with fares and applicable taxes and surcharges in the local currency from where the journey commences automatically charged to your credit card or Visa/MasterCard debit card and subject to issuer bank policy.
• Payment by other payment cards, e.g. Virtual credit/debit card, e-Credit/debit card, or any other corporate cards, are not accepted.
Right to Refuse Carriage
Credit card verification
Thai Airways reserves the right to have physical credit card presented at Thai Airways ticketing office or during check in at the airport for your transaction which is flagged out by our tool. If such a requirement is needed, you will be given the option to collect by another card or payment method when credit card verification fails.
• Suspicious booking ; such as, high risk of fraudulent information, THAI may cancel or suspend your use of Thai Airways booking facility at any time without notice;
• You have refused to submit to a security check; such as present credit card/consent form
• You present a ticket that has been acquired unauthorized or has been reported as being mutilated lost or stolen, is a counterfeit, or you fail to comply with the requirements.
• When purchasing online with a card, some issuing banks may not authorize payment. Please try using a different card, or contact the card issuer.
• The electronic ticket will be issued after payment by payment card is approved. Flight confirmation and an itinerary receipt containing the ticket number will be sent to your e-mail address. SMS will be also sent to your mobile phone if registered in Thailand.
• Your electronic ticket is not transferable
4. Cash Receipt
• Cash receipt can be requested at any THAI offices within 30 days after ticket is issued or online e-receipt could be requested.
5. Coupon sequential and use
• The ticket is not valid if the first coupon has not been used and will not honored if all coupon are not used in the sequence provided in the ticket
6. Royal Orchid Plus
Royal Orchid Plus Member Earn Miles
On all THAI operated flights, for paid travel in most booking classes, members earn actual miles, plus additional class of service miles. For THAI flights less than 500 miles in distance, a minimum of 500 miles are earned. For more details click here
Note: - On codeshare or joint agreement flights, mileage accrual is subject to booking classes and class mapping. This may result in reduced or no mileage accrual.
- On all upgraded travel including a paid upgrade at the airport, mileage is earned based on the original paid fare.
- When booking via multi-city online with THAI, booking classes and corresponding mileage accrual cannot be displayed. Consequently mileage accrual in Economy class may be less than 100%, or not eligible for miles. Mileage accrual on each sector can only be determined by the booking classes after ticket issue subject to ROP terms and conditions.
- Royal Orchid Plus reserves the right to change, reduce or alter mileage accrual on THAI without prior notice.
7 . Refund
• Refunds can be made by contacting any THAI city ticketing office. Refunds will be credited back to the credit card or Visa/MasterCard Debit card that was used for payment, and a refund fee may be applied. However, please be aware that refund processing time of debit card payments may take longer than that of credit cards, as it depends on the process of the debit card issuing bank.
• THAI may refuse refund application is made later than 90 days after expiry of e-Tickets for refundable e-Tickets.
8. Check –in
• For Thai nationals traveling on domestic flights, an official Thai identity card with photo for adults, or a student identity card for children, may be presented instead of a passport.
• Self- service check-in kiosks are available at some selected airports.(i.g. Bangkok Suvarnabhumi, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, London and Narita).
• For international travel, roundtrip or one-way, it is the ticket holder’s responsibility to ensure that all required visas have been obtained and presented at check-in.
9. Transit / Transfer at Bangkok airport
• For passenger(s) who transit / transfer at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport and would like to pass through immigration, please be aware that you must comply to Thai immigration, customs, other formalities, re-check in at 4th Floor and must pay airport tax and fees.
10 . Contact point
• After ticket has been issued, any assistance you may need, kindly contact the originating city/country.
Payment and Ticketing at a THAI City Office
• Advance reservations can be made a minimum of 72 hours and a maximum of 11 months
prior to departure.
• To ensure that you get the quoted fare the reservation should be made immediately
• Payment must be made and tickets collected within 72 hours of making a reservation.
• Tickets must be collected from a THAI city office only, not an airport ticketing office, and
the city ticketing office must be in the country where the journey commences.
• When purchasing tickets for infants or children (2-11 years old), a birth certificate or
passport, must be presented.
• Your ticket is not transferable.
• Fares and taxes are quoted and charged in the currency of the country from where the
• Payment methods depend on local procedures of each THAI office.
• Flight confirmation will be automatically sent to your email address.
• Cancellation of Onward Reservations. Please be advised that if you do not show up for any
flight without advising us in advance, we may cancel your return or onward reservations.
However, if you do advise us in advance, we will not cancel your subsequent flight
• For all travel, roundtrip or one-way, it is the ticket holder’s responsibility to ensure that all
required visas have been obtained and presented at check-in.
• Royal Orchid Plus members earn miles on eligible paid fares. Currently all paid fares earn
26 May 2017