Attaining Gold Status:
This top tier status is attained with Qualifying Miles, the miles earned with THAI and Star Alliance airlines, during 2 rolling month periods, 50,000 Qualifying miles during a 12 month period, or 80,000 Qualifying miles during a 24 month period. Additionally, completing 40 international sectors on THAI in any 12 rolling month period also attains Gold status.* This is a system automated process whereby on the most recent activity all eligible flights are evaluated for the past 12 and 24 month periods. With each new flight activity, status is again evaluated during the past 12 and 24 months, ensuring that all eligible flights are counted for attaining Gold status.
Retaining Gold Status:
Evaluations for retaining Gold status are on a personal calendar year based on the validity of your Gold status. On the date which current Gold validity commences, eligible flights are evaluated for the following 12 month period to ascertain if the 50,000 Qualifying Miles threshold or 40 international sectors on THAI are achieved*. The same process is done for the next successive 12 month period, until the end of current card validity, for 40 international sectors on THAI, or during the entire 24 month period in which 80,000 Qualifying Miles must be earned.
*Excluding travel in G / V / W / L classes for both attaining and retaining Gold status.
Benefits with THAI:
• 5,000 bonus threshold miles on attaining and retaining Gold status
• Up to 2 complimentary roundtrip upgrades* on THAI within the 2 year validity of standard Gold status. Upgrades are to the next higher class of service only. Double class upgrades are not permitted. Valid for all paid published fares excluding discounted Economy Class fares in booking classes T, K, S, G, V, W, L. Some promotional fares in other booking classes may also not be eligible for upgrading. Such restrictions will display with online ticket purchase at thaiairways.com or by inquiring with THAI prior to ticket issue. The first complimentary upgrade* will be automatically entitled once your Gold card is effective and can be used during validity of the current Gold status. The second complimentary upgrade* is one year valid from the date of achieving 50,000 qualifying miles or 40 THAI international flight sectors (except travels with booking classes G / V / W / L) within either of your two personal calendar year periods during current Gold status.
• Guaranteed Seating in Economy Class for reservations made 72 hours prior to departure and walitlist still open and on valid booking classes Y, M, B.
• Complimentary access to THAI Royal Silk Class lounges world-wide.
*Tax and surcharges apply.
Benefits with Star Alliance airlines:
• Priority check-in at counters displaying the Star Alliance Gold symbol.
• An extra allowance of 20 kilograms, or 1 additional piece of luggage when the piece concept applies. The latter primarily on flights to/from North or South America.
• Gold Track Priority Lanes enabling smoother security and immigration clearance at selected airports. Visit www.staralliance.com/gold-track
• Complimentary access to airport lounges displaying the Star Alliance Gold symbol on presentation of same-day departing Star Alliance paid ticket and Gold card. One guest is also allowed provided they are also traveling on a paid ticket for same day departure with a Star Alliance Airline.
• Priority boarding.
• Priority baggage handling.
• Priority reservations waitlisting and airport standby.