The following conditions apply to Award travel on THAI.
For online Award redemption miles are deducted from your account after the Award transaction is completed and a ticket is issued.
For Awards issued by a THAI ticketing office, miles are deducted from your account within 3 working days of obtaining confirmation of Award reservations or before ticket issue, whichever comes first.
If Award tickets are not issued within the ticket time limit, the booking is cancelled and miles are re-credited to the relevant account, less any expired miles.
Award tickets issued at THAI ticketing offices must be picked-up by the ticket holder or others who are required to present written authorization for ticket pick-up.
Prior to ticket issue: flight dates, routing (provided Award travel remains in the same zone), the ticket holder name, member or Nominee, can be changed.
After ticketing, travel dates or flight numbers can be changed with fee. All other changes require mileage to be re-credited to your account with fee, less any expired miles, and new reservations requested. Allow 3 working days for mileage re-credit.
All Award tickets are valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
Once travel has commenced no routing changes or mileage re-credits are permitted. Totally unused and valid Award tickets may be returned for a mileage re-credit, subject to service fees*.
*Award tickets redeemed by miles have no monetary value. Consequently, they cannot be exchanged for cash or credit against your credit card account balance under any circumstance.
All applicable taxes and surcharges are the responsibility of the Award ticket holder.
Award tickets issued online include taxes and surcharges at the same amount applied to adults and children aged 2 to 12. For some countries that taxes applied to children are less, the difference may be refunded by contacting a THAI ticketing office after the award travel has been completed.
Terms and Conditions may change without prior notice.
Terms & Conditions of Awards
Air Award Ticketing Conditions
• Award travel, both international and domestic, must be completed within 1 year of the ticket issue date.
• If an Award is booked with a THAI office is not issued within the allotted ticketing time limit, bookings are automatically cancelled. Miles, less any expired miles, will then be re-credited to the relevant account.
• Prior to ticket issue: flight dates, routing (provided Award travel remains in the same zone), the ticket holder name, member or Nominee, can be changed.
• All other changes require mileage to be re-credited and a new Award requested. Allow 3 working days for mileage to be re-credited.
• Once an award ticket is cancelled, miles may be re-credited within its validity subject to conditions, less any expired miles. Award tickets redeemed by miles have no monetary value. They cannot be exchanged to cash or credit back against your credit card account under any circumstance.
• After ticketing, travel dates or flight numbers can be changed with fee.
• After ticketing no other changes are permitted, but mileage can be re-credited, less expired miles (if any), subject to a service fee, and a new Award requested. Totally unused and valid Award tickets can be re-credited, subject to a fee. Details of service fees, click here.
• For an Award re-credit, any expired miles contained in the Award will not be re-credited.
• Once travel has commenced no routing changes or mileage re-credits are permitted.
• Award tickets must be issued to members, or to others who present written authorization for ticket pick-up.
Air Award Travel Conditions
• THAI only may issue Air Award tickets.
• No stopovers or connecting flights are permitted for Award travel within Thailand.
• One open jaw at origin is permitted within the same country and same zone or one open jaw at point of turnaround is permitted within the same zone and direction.
• Backtracking is permitted on international Award travel. Stopovers when backtracking are permitted only on intercontinental travel, for example Kuala Lumpur-Bangkok-Sydney. One stopover is permitted in each direction, subject to a fee.
• An onward connecting flight within 24 hours is not considered a stopover. Details of service fees, click here.
• All taxes and surcharges associated with Award travel are the responsibility of the member or ticket holder and may be collected at ticket issue or during the Award journey.
THAI and Star Alliance Air Awards Travel Conditions
Star Alliance Round the World Travel Conditions