Platinum status is the elite level of Royal Orchid Plus, reserved for very frequent flying members who travel exclusively in Royal First Class and Royal Silk Class. Platinum status members enjoy enhanced recognition and benefits when flying with THAI, as well as all Gold status benefits with Star Alliance airlines.
Attaining Platinum Status:
Royal Orchid Plus Platinum status is attained with the accumulation of 80,000 miles with THAI, for paid fare travel in Royal First Class or Royal Silk Class only, and includes class of service bonus miles. Accumulation of 80,000 miles must be during each of 2 consecutive periods, with each period being 12 consecutive months on a rolling basis. Evaluations are system automated each time there is an account activity, counting eligible miles during the past 2 consecutive 12 month periods on a rolling basis. If Platinum status is not attained, this same evaluation process will continue with each new account activity.
Retaining Platinum Status:
Platinum status is retained based on personal calendar year evaluations. 80,000 miles with THAI within each 12 month period during the 24 month validity of Platinum status, for paid fare travel in Royal First Class or Royal Silk Class only, and includes class of service bonus miles, must be accumulated within each 12 months for 2 consecutive periods.
Benefits with THAI:
• 10,000 Threshold Bonus Miles each time Platinum status is attained or retained.
• On attaining and retaining Platinum status, one roundtrip complimentary upgrade* on THAI (TG 3 digit flight numbers) and THAI Smile (TG4 digit flight numbers) international flights is awarded. With each accumulation of 50,000 Tier Miles, the miles flown in Royal First Class or Royal Silk Class, including class of service bonus miles, you are entitled to an additional upgrade* during the 2 year validity of Platinum. There is no limit to the number of complimentary upgrades* awarded provided the criteria for each upgrade is met.
• Each upgrade is For the next higher class of service from the stated original paid ticket, and can be with any paid and issued ticket on a THAI (TG 3 digit flight numbers) and THAI Smile (TG4 digit flight numbers) international flight, excluding tickets issued in booking classes T, K, S, G, V, W, L. Some promotional fares in other booking classes may also not be
• eligible for upgrading. Such restrictions will display with online ticket purchase at thaiairways.com
• or by inquiring with THAI prior to ticket issue. Complimentary Upgrades can be used by Platinum member OR for Their Award Nominees.
• Top priority reservation waitlisting on fully booked paid flights.
• Guaranteed confirmed seating on THAI in Economy Class:
- After ticket purchase, contact THAI no less than 48 hours prior to scheduled departure.
- In Economy Class valid on booking class Y, B, M
- In Premium Economy Class, Royal Silk Class, and Royal First Class valid on booking class codes U, C, D, J, F, A, P
- Confirmed seating is given top priority when travelling in premium classes, with seating quaranteed in Economy Class.
- Without prior confirmation, quaranteed seating is not possible at check-in.
• Waiver of selected Royal Orchid Plus service fees.
• Unlimited changes to a Platinum member’s Award Nominee list with 5 complimentary changes per personal year.
• No expiring miles during the validity of Platinum status.
• Dedicated Platinum Check-in at A1-A3 at Suvarnabhumi Airport or at THAI’s Royal First Class check-in elsewhere when available, regardless of the ticketed class of service.
• Top priority airport standby on fully booked flights.
• In addition to your class of service baggage entitlement on THAI you are entitled to an additional baggage allowance of 30 kgs or 1 additional piece of luggage when the piece concept is applied. The latter primarily on flights to/from North or South America.
• Priority baggage handling.
• Immigration Fast Track, only available at Suvarnabhumi Airport, when departing on an international THAI flight regardless of the ticket class of service.
• Access to THAI’s Royal First Class lounge at Suvarnabhumi Airport, or at a THAI Royal First Class lounge world-wide, where available, with one accompanying guest when departing on an international THAI operated flight, regardless of the ticketed class of service.
• Priority boarding at your convenience
*Tax and surcharges apply on complimentary upgrades
Benefits with THAI and Star Alliance airlines:
• Priority check-in at counters displaying the Star Alliance Gold symbol.
• An extra allowance of 20 kilograms, or 1 additional piece of luggage when the piece concept applies. The latter primarily on flights to/from North or South America.
• Gold Track Priority Lanes enabling smoother security and immigration clearance at selected airports. Visit www.staralliance.com/gold-track
• Complimentary access to airport lounges displaying the Star Alliance Gold symbol on presentation of same-day departing Star Alliance paid ticket and Gold card. One guest is also allowed provided they are also traveling on a paid ticket for same day departure with a Star Alliance Airline.
• Priority boarding.
• Priority baggage handling.
• Priority reservations waitlisting and airport standby.