1. A paid ticket must be issued by your chosen Star Alliance airline before requesting an upgrade.
2. Upgrades can be requested for member self or an Award Nominee only. The name of the passenger traveling must appear on the ticket.
3. The ticket must be issued by the operating carrier, be sure of your chosen airline code and the 3 digit flight numbers that appears on the ticket. For example, if the airline is Lufthansa the flight should appear as LH701, If the flight displays LH1701 this represents a codeshare flight with another airline which is not eligible for upgrading.
4. Upgrades are valid on stipulated paid fares with the corresponding booking classes.
• Economy to Business Class in Y, B booking classes
• Business to First Class in C, D booking classes
• Upgrades are to the next higher class of service only, double class upgrades are not permitted.*
*Upgrades to Business Class with Singapore Airlines on flights which offer Premium Economy Class are currently not possible. For flights which do not offer Premium Economy Class, upgrades from Economy Class to Business Class can be requested with paid travel in Y,B booking classes.
• Upgrading from Economy Class to Premium Economy Class with Star Alliance partners offering this class of service is not yet available.
• Please note the expanded booking classes available on selected carriers below.*
*All Nippon Airways (NH) Economy Class to Business Class in Y, B, E booking classes
SWISS (LX) Economy to Business Class in Y, B, M booking classes and Business to First Class in J , C booking classes
EVA AIR(BR) Economy to Business Class in Y,B,K booking classes.
5. Award seating and upgrade is subject to aircraft configuration and availability.
6. Upgrades are for one flight sector international travel only.
7. Upgrade requests must be made no less than 24 hours prior to flight departure.
8. Upgrades are subject to availability controls by the Star Alliance partner airlines. This may limit the number of seats available for travel on particular flights.
9. For problems during the online upgrading process,please contact email@example.com. For any changes after upgrading has been completed you must contact the operating carrier.
10. Upgrades may be requested for up to 4 passengers in a single booking, each subject to the miles required for a single upgrade.
11. All upgrades confirmation are stored electronically which your reservation and are accepted at flight check-in.
12. Should you cancel a valid paid ticket that has been upgraded, all miles, less any expired miles, will be automatically returned to your account.
13. Royal Orchid Plus Terms and Conditions apply.